![]() |
| waiting for her brothers to finish swim lessons (taken with my phone...not a bad pic) |
I think I could have a whole blog just talking about my dear dear sweet little daughter. Back in January I started telling you stories about how my daughter is different from her brothers and how she is making my life more interesting. If you look back through my blog you will find multiple stories about how my sweet little girl is my most challenging child at only 2! Don't get my wrong, my boys challenge me, but Lili, well there is just something about her (maybe she's too much like a little me!)
| my oldest |
| my middle child :) |
Okay I had to take the time to show pics of my boys too :)
So back to the story.
When we were on vacation and had stopped at the Grand Canyon National Park we thought it best that the kids take their water bottles with them on our walk since it was warm, sunny, and we were going to be well, walking! So they did. (Lili actually had a sippie cup because since she is two she still likes to pour water OUT of water bottles instead of drinking it all the time so instead of wasting water we just still had her carry her sippie cup.)
So we started walking along the rim of the Grand Canyon
you know that BIG hole in the ground that goes at LEAST a MILE deep! And the kids decide to sit down along the rim and look out over the canyon. What a sweet thing to do!
*I have to add at this point, for those of you who may not have visited the Grand Canyon, that they do have a nice fence around the rim so you don't just slip and fall in*
This point brings me to my "Only my daughter" part of the story.
As the 3 kids sit down to look out over the canyon Lili decides to set her sippie cup down. But INSTEAD of setting it down standing up she more like lays it down on it's side.....and off it started to roll!
YES YOU GUESSED IT......
It rolled UNDER the fence along the rim. Luckily it stopped because that section of rim had a "lip" to it.
So here sat my children, supposed to be looking at one the National most beautiful sites, but instead they are staring at a sippie cup while Lili is begging me to "get my sippie, Mommie."
Well thank goodness I'm married to SUPER DAD!!
![]() |
| although the superdad I'm married too is much cuter than this :) |
| see much cuter....guess I need to make him a cape! |
*Sidebar explanation: When we travel any distance in the car my boys are famous for constantly dropping things and then begging for us to reach them. One day my husband realized that we have toy "grabbers" at home that would be perfect for car trips, so now whenever we travel we bring them along, ONE for them and ONE for us!*
So SUPER DAD went into action. He walked back to the van (thank goodness we weren't too far from it yet) and got the Grabber. To work he went....
SUPER DAD was able to pull the sippie cup to safety!
And he had a very happy little girl....
who could then get her drink for her sippie cup!
NEEDLESS to say I carried her sippie cup the rest of the trip along the rim.
I have to say I'm just glad it didn't end up at the bottom of the canyon or end up us having to carry a screaming, crying, 2 year old away from the rim and leaving the sippie cup for all to later comment on and make fun of "that" family.
I have to say....my life is never boring with my daughter around (or my sons for that matter)!


hilarious! Brian was telling me about this at work last week, i really need to get on computer more to read up on all the happenings!!!
ReplyDelete