Sunday, January 23, 2011

One difference between my daughter and her brothers


So today I was wanting to blog but I was unsure of what to blog about.....leave it up to Lili to solve my problem for me.

Brian and I were sitting on the couch, reading the Sunday paper/ads when BJ and a fussy Lili come walking down the stairs.  BJ proceeds to say "Lili has a truck stuck in her hair and Hank turned it off"....yes you read that right a TRUCK STUCK in her HAIR.  My boys have a large Thomas the Tank Engine train collection.  In this collection we have street pieces and to go with those street pieces we have motorized trucks and a bus.  So needless to say I get up off the couch IMMEDIATELY and start up to stairs to find Lili standing their with a motorized truck STUCK in her hair.  As I look back I wish I would not have had the OMG I need to get this out of her hair mindset BEFORE I had the I should've taken a picture of this mindset.

My first reaction, since it was less than an 1 inch from her scalp and completely twisted in to her hair, was Brian get the scissors I'm going to have to cut it out (or do a truckectomy if you want to call it that). So as I am trying to see how the hair is wrapped around the wheels of this truck Lili is not wanting to keep her head still.  Brian takes Lili onto his lap so that I can get a better look at it and as this is happening it starts to loosen a little.  By the way it loosened I realized that I was going to be able to forgo the earlier mentioned truckectomy and just carefully remove it from her head.

My next job was to try to dislodge the hair from the axle and get it to work again.  The axle could not move because of the amount of hair that was still lodged around it.  By this time I started thinking about taking pictures and realized my dilemma about what to blog about had been solved :)  This is what the truck looked like before I started to try to remove the offending hair.



So after taking off the top of the truck and removing the battery I thought I'd be able to EASILY take the hair out...boy was I wrong.  I ended up having to take apart the bottom section of the truck also (thank goodness Brian noticed the last screw).  So here is what the axle looked like up close.


 The first picture is mainly to show you the size I'm dealing with (that's my thumb).  So after finally getting all of the hair out from around this axle now it was time to "hopefully" remember how this thing went together.  Yet another time to be thankful that Brian was there helping me out.  This is what it looked like partially together.

And yes ....all the little white parts could come out and some did...so it was making sure they all were back inside in the correct order.

After a couple of attempts at getting the inner case to fit we got it on.  I was able to replace the 5 internal screws before putting the battery back in and making sure it worked.  And it did!  So now it's back together....
and it's time for us to hope and pray that Lili doesn't try to have the truck use her head as a street anymore.

And so the reason I titled this entry "One difference between my daughter and her brothers" is because as Brian pointed out so well "Guess it's time to cut Lili's hair like the boys because this never happened to them."  And while yes that it true I still don't think this is a good enough reason to cut Lili's hair like her brothers' hair.

3 comments:

  1. Great post! Amazing what kids can get themselves into. janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that's awesome. Poor Lili! My girls suffer from a similar fate with their brothers.

    Thanks for the laugh (no, not just a giggle...it was full fledged laughing!)

    ReplyDelete