One of my first blogs was about my Bucket List. The first thing on that list was to visit all 50 State Capitol buildings. In that blog I mentioned how we have already visited 18 State Capitols. I didn't take the time then to list the Capitols we have already visited so I'll do that now....especially since I can add to this list.
The Capitol Buildings that we have been to are:
1.) Madison, WI
2.) Des Moines, IA
3.) Topeka, KS
4.) Lincoln, NE
5.) Santa Fe, NM
6.) Denver, CO
7.) Cheyenne, WY
8.) Pierre, SD
9.) Bismarck, ND
10.) St. Paul, MN
11.) Springfield, IL
12.) Jefferson City, MO
13.) Indianapolis, IN
14.) Frankfort, KY
15.) Charleston, WV
16.) Richmond, VA
17.) Columbus, OH
18.) Lansing, MI
On our vacation last month we were able to add 4 more State Capitol buildings to this list. They were:
19.) Salt Lake City, UT
20.) Carson City, NV
21.) Sacramento, CA
22.) Phoenix, AZ
We are so excited about this. And I have to say...although my kids are only 7, 5, and 2 they really do enjoy visiting the Capitol buildings. We started this adventure when my two oldest were 3 and about 15 months and we actually saw the first 10 with just the two boys and if we make it back to any of the ones we've already seen GREAT but we don't feel like we need to travel to them again!
I love Geography and so does my husband. We also think it is a set of knowledge that really is needed but not alot of people (as well as schools) really study it the way it should be done. So we are doing our part and teaching our kids some geography and we are having fun doing it!
One more thing....we have to say we are looking forward to seeing Honolulu, HI and Juneau, AK the most I think just because those are going to be the "HARDEST" to get to!
So, is Raleigh, NC on that list ;-)
ReplyDeletewe haven't made it there yet so it's still on our list. next time we head east it's gonna have to be a must see...especially now that we have extended family there ;-)
ReplyDelete