Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Bucket List

So when I first thought of doing this topic I thought...well I have plenty of things I want to do before I die this should be easy.  Well it hasn't been as easy I thought it would but I've started my list...and I'm sure I'll be adding to this as time goes by.  So here's my post....


MY BUCKET LIST              
                First I must say that I LOVED the move of the same name with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson.  It was NOT at all what I was expecting but for those of you who haven’t seen it yet I think it’s a must see…even my folks loved it.  I think it is a good movie for all ages.  Definitely makes you think!  I don’t have an age I want to accomplish this stuff by just before I die.  So anyway here’s my Bucket List (so far).  Any that I'm working towards I will tell you a little details ;)

 1.     Visit all 50 state capitols (the actually buildings not just the cities).  I really want to do this one with my family
This is the inside of the Michigan state capitol in Lansing, MI taken July 6, 2010.

We have already visited 18 state capitols.   

2.       To visit as many National Parks as possible.  With 394 National Parks and 582 National Natural Landmarks (visit www.nps.gov for more info) I don’t know how many I’ll actually get to but I’m going to enjoy getting to as many as possible. We've visited 5 so far but I'll blog about those later.
Taken August 9, 2008 outside of the Post Office at Mammoth Hot Springs, Yellowstone, WY

3.       Jump out of an airplane.  Okay some people may think I’m crazy but I’ve always wanted to and of course Brian used to do it in the Army so I really want to experience it (definitely tandem) at least once in my life.  I figure if George H. W. Bush can do it for his 80th birthday I’ve got time.

4.       Go to Germany, Hungary and Bosnia with Brian to see where he was stationed when he was overseas the first year we were dating. 

5.       Bring Brian to Scotland (and maybe the rest of Great Britain) to show him the places I saw the first summer we were dating.

6.       Getting to Australia…and not just Sydney were everyone seems to go but to Queensland to see the Australia Zoo, home of the Crocodile Hunter.  I mean what’s a 12 hr drive from Sydney. 

7.       Get to Hawaii (and not just to see the capitol building).  We’d love to travel the islands, not just Honolulu.  We’ve joked around about watching the ORIGINAL Hawaii Five-0 episodes and write down addresses they call out and try to find them and yes I think this would be fun too :) 

So this is all I can think of now so I guess I need to keep working on it.  

2 comments:

  1. I'm not starting my bucket list until we're debt free. Stuart on the other hand is already planning our first class trips to places because "we'll have no debt to keep us from having leg room".

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I figure it gives me something to have as the "reason" I'm going debt free. NOT like I really need a reason but it's fun to plan!!! Go STUART! I wonder if let kids in First Class...hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete