Today is a snowy and cold day here in Iowa. And this I think is a perfect time for me to talk about motivation. There are some days were I feel no need for extra motivation to do ANYthing. Then there are days were I can do some things without motivation but I need motivation to do other things, and the funny thing it's not always the same things that I need motivation to get done.
One of my new year's goals was to get up before anyone else in the house and have my "ME" time. During that time if my kitchen needed to be cleaned from dinner the night before, because sometimes it just doesn't get done, or if my dishwasher needs to be emptied or any other "miscellaneous" chore needs to be done than I can choose to get it done if I want. And most days I have been doing something if there was something to be done because then I feel I will not feel as overwhelmed or rushed when the kids are awake and I can be a better or more attentive parent.
But there are other things that I like to do or want to do around the house that it just seems I have no motivation lately to get them done. One of the big things is my scrapbooking projects. Last week I was supposed to get together with some friends to start our new year scrapbooking times and then we had a late start due to weather and my "kid free" time was cut done from 4 hrs to 2 hrs and by the time I got to my friends house and ate lunch I had less than 1 hr to get anything done so I didn't even try. Because of that the momemtum/motivation that I thought I would get last week is now being pushed off to tomorrow. I truly enjoy scrapbooking but sometimes it is hard to work on at home because I don't have a dedicated space that I can leave my stuff out in so when I only have a little while I talk myself out of it because I think it may not be worth it when I have to take out and put away all of my supplies everytime I work on it. But I REALLY need to get motivated. This is why....
My current albums (in progress or in idea form)
1. Brian, Jr (better known as BJ) is 6 1/2 yrs old. I have his life scrapbooked up until his is approximately 20 months old.
2. Hank is going to be 5 in March and I have his life scrapbooked up to his 2nd birthday.
3. Lili will be 2 in less than one month and I have her life scrapbooked for her first 2 days.
So needless to say I have some work to do. And of course this doesn't even count my "family" albums.
4. Like the album of Brian and I "before kids" hasn't been worked on since March of 2003 - six months BEFORE I got pregnant with BJ.
5. I haven't started any albums of us as a family...only what is in each of the kids albums.
6. And then I have our 50 State Capitols Album that I want to work on. I am hoping to have an album of just our visits to the capitols. And since we've visited 18 of them I figure I should start working on that album too. :)
I am hoping that after we get home from BJ's bi-annual allergist appoint this morning and the kids are having their quiet time/nap time (depending on the age) that I might be able to pull out some of my scrapbooking to both work and get organized for my scrapbooking time tomorrow. I am currently working on trying to get BJ at least to his 4th birthday before I go back to working on Lili's album. I don't want him to think I have the younger kids caught up and his "barely" worked on so I have to get almost 1/2 of his life done.
So here's to hoping the idea of getting together tomorrow to scrapbook is enough motivation for me to work on it this afternoon.
I hear you talking big time. I think the computer has taken away most of my motivation. There are times I just want to put the laptop away and move on with life, but I can't bring myself to do it. Can we say, "addicted?" I am proud that I did get a little cleaning done today, and actually pulled out PDO planning and did some work on that. Not to mention shoveling. So, at least I was somewhat motivated today. Congrats on the new blog. I will be a follower. janet
ReplyDelete