Thursday, January 20, 2011

Organizing toys and such....

So today I had a plan of taking all of the boys toys out, going through them and reorganizing them.  I was hoping to purge some of them so we have more room for the new toys we got for Christmas and make their room a little more livable, which to me is not having 1/4-1/2 of the carpet covered with toys.  I did go through and organize their cubes with the correct toys - we have 6 toy cubes and we TRY to keep them organized with different toys, as an example one cube is only for tools.  

And I was able to get that done.  Granted I didn't purge as many as I wanted to but I did get rid of somethings, mainly McDonald's toys, and a couple of other toys that the boys rarely play with.  But one of the things that I was able to get accomplished was making more room UNDER their bed for their Legos.  Before today there was only about 1/4 of the space under their bed open for one container, although it was a big container, of Legos.  Now I was able to get it to look like this....
So this is nice because when the boys finally EARN their Legos back hopefully we'll be able to store ALOT of them under their bed.  I say store ALOT of them because they have ALOT of Legos.  Here's a picture of them stacked and boxed up right now in our attic waiting for the boys to be able to get them back.

Now my next step figuring out how to store the rest of the Legos that don't fit under their bed and their manuals.  The manuals need to be easily accessible to BJ and Hank but not too accessible to Lili.  They currently are in a file tote

but that takes up too much space that can be used for something else.  My big decision is if I need more cubeicals in their room.  I LOVE THESE storage systems.  I have the space for them right in the corner of their room where the door used to open to - but we took the door off a couple years ago for space, and because they slammed it ONE TOO MANY TIMES :)
But what to get?  I don't have the space for a 3x3 set plus we really don't need it.  But I have to decide between a 1x1, which I would get two and stack them, or if I get the 3x2.  Here are the two choices...

Either way I think I'll like it.  And the boys seem to like the cubes because it is "easy" for them to get to stuff. So although I didn't get EVERYTHING organized like I wanted to I feel I am on the way to getting it done.  

Now just to wait for the cubes to either go on sale or save up to buy them.  Either one of these will hopefully will give me enough time to decide what to do with the manuals.  Any suggetions?

No comments:

Post a Comment