Monday, March 18, 2013

2012 Year in Review IV

So let's see if I can finish last year's review in this post....I guess it just depends on what I remember from the last four months of the year.

I guess I need to put the one thing I forgot to add about August in my last post...

The last week of August of 2012 I found out my father was having open heart surgery.  He needed an aortic value replacement.  We were very lucky....he came out of the surgery doing great and is as good as before if not better. 

September 2012...
 
September brought Lili starting her 3rd year of school at the Parents' Day Out program that she goes too.  It also brought the beginning of Soccer season for the boys.  This year neither my husband or I were coaches...so it was the first year of just being on the sidelines watching.  That was nice.  While we LOVE our boys and had fun coaching them we also had a LOT of fun just being able to watch and cheer our boys on instead of having to worry about everything else in the game. 
 


 
October 2012....
 
This month brought another major health issue in our family.  My father-in-law was diagnosed with a brain tumor that needed to be removed soon.  So 2 days after we find out my husband is in Wisconsin waiting on his dad to get out of brain surgery.  Once again we are VERY lucky and he came through with only some small side effects.  It was a scary there for a couple of weeks while the doctors had to get his saline levels to stay up but once that was "solved" his recovery became speedy and he is doing great. 
 
In addition to the health scare, we had some fun times this month.  While my husband was in Wisconsin with his siblings and his father I tried to keep the kids entertained and busy.  My second child, Hank, was able to get his library card and we had more soccer games (that were VERY COLD).  Towards the end of the month we were blessed with our ultrasound.  We were able to see our new baby for the first time.  This is something that always amazes me. 
 

 

 
 
November 2012...
 
November seemed to fly by for us.  Brian and I actually were able to go on MULTIPLE dates that month.  We went to a hockey game for our local team as well as an Alan Jackson concert.  The kids also were able to go to a hockey game for the first time.  It was for a Cub Scout event and they had a great time. It is something that we will do again next year.  We also were able to go to a University of Iowa Mens Basketball game for the first time.  We all had a great time. 
 
After Thanksgiving our Elf, Nicole, arrived.  She was a very mischevious elf this year.  It was fun trying to see where she would land every morning when she came back from the North Pole.
 


 
 
December 2012....
 
The last month of the year was nice and slow in our lives.  We had a very laid back month with not a lot of things going on.  We had fun still looking for our elf, Nicole, every day.  My sister-in-law came for a weekend visit and my parents came for Christmas.  We had snow so the kids got to play out in the snow for the first time of the season.  Like I said it was a quiet month for us.  Which was a nice end to a busy year.
 


 

So there you have it...it took me 3 months to do but that was our year 2012.  It was a good year.  So far this year has been good and I'm looking forward to the rest of 2013 to see what it brings.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment