Sunday, November 27, 2011

My new toy(s)!

Back in early October I posted about me trying to decide what to buy with birthday money.  Well I'm happy to report that after about 6 weeks of going back and forth about what to get I have made two purchases (thanks to ebay) and have been able to get two of my "big" items on my wish list.

My first item that I am able to "cross-off" my Wish List is an Ipod.


obviously this is just clip art...I haven't taken a picture of my new Ipod Touch yet

I was able to win an auction earlier this week for an Ipod Touch 2nd generation.  I received it yesterday in the mail and have been having fun with it since.  I've gotten online and downloading all kinds of fun apps for myself, as well as my kids and my husband.  Right now I'm only doing the "free" apps because I really don't know of any apps that I have to pay for that I REALLY need at this time.  

On my Wish List I listed a Ipod Shuffle but I decided if I could get a Ipod Touch (used) for not much more and then I'd be able to do much more fun stuff with it....so after a few days of trying to win a few auctions I won it...and I'm happy I did.  Now to just hold my kids off from wanting to CONSTANTLY play or watch me play it.

The second thing I am able to "cross-off" my Wish List is an Olympus Tough Camera.


can't wait to get the real thing!

I won another Ebay auction.  This time it was for an Olympus Tough Series Camera.  I've wanted a smaller camera for short trips to the park or while we are on the go.  I LOVE my Nikon D40 and I enjoy taking pictures with it but sometimes I just want to be able to throw my camera in my bag and go. 

I was talking to a photographer this summer at Cub Scout camp, on a rainy day, saying how I didn't want to bring out my BIG NICE EXPENSIVE camera for fear of dropping it or getting it wet.  He told me about the Olympus Tough Series camera.  He said that it was a good camera for a reasonable price that was waterproof (up to like 7 feet), shockproof (for dropping), and freezeproof (for playing in the snow).  So since then I've been looking at them but NEW they were a little too expensive for my SECOND camera.

After winning my Ipod I started looking at the cameras, I bid on a few and I won an auction for a used camera, from a seller with a very good record. 

So now I've gotten two of my big items from my wishlist and I'm happy. I hope to get my camera within the next week and then I can report on how well it works.





No comments:

Post a Comment