Thursday, October 6, 2011

Decisions, decisions....

Last weekend was my birthday.  I turned 37 years old and that number does not bother me.  I am definitely a person who knows my age and feel like I earned every day of my life.  I am also grateful for everyday of my life.

But with my birthday comes time to make decisions.  Decisions on what I want to buy myself with birthday money I received.  Back in January I posted a wish list.  I explained that I was going to try to keep a list available for anyone who might be curious what I am interested in.  I haven't updated it too much this year but that is partially because I haven't wanted a lot of different things.  

So for my birthday I have money and I'm trying to decide to I go and spend it now and get something or somethings that are on my list....or do I wait and save my money and then when I get more money (through savings or Christmas) buy a larger priced item on my list.  

For me I think the big thing that I have to decide on is do I want almost INSTANT gratification by getting me something I want but don't NEED now or do I wait....DELAYED gratification....and get something I want but that costs more.

I am not known for my saving skills. I can do it I just don't necessarily like to do it!  So this is a hard decision for me....

What would you do?  Instant gratification or delayed gratification?  Buy something now or save up and buy something bigger and better ;)  Well maybe not better but at least something bigger (and not necessarily size wise)!

1 comment:

  1. I'm all about pooling my money. But then again I try to hoard the stuff :0)

    ReplyDelete