I have blogged multiple times about my love for National Parks. My most recent National Park visit was to the Grand Canyon. At least in real life driving to see it, paying the park entrance fee, taking the pictures type visit!
Recently one of my co-workers and I were talking about working out. We were sharing stories of what machines we like and don't like. She said something to the effect of "I love that treadmill that you can run through the Badlands while you are on the treadmill." Immediately my ears perked up even more than they were already were in the conversation. I think I went "Huh what? Badlands National Park???"
She went on to explain that ONE of the six treadmills that are the Matrix Treadmills has an additional program choice called "Virtual Active." And you can choose one of five runs/walks through some of the country's prettiest areas. I couldn't wait to try this. And of course the next 3 times I went to the gym someone was already on that machine and not even using this wondrous option.
FINALLY the day came when I was able to get on the machine. I had a choice between running through the Los Angeles Hills, National Parks in Utah, Northern Rockies Run, Chicago, and I believe San Francisco but I can't remember.
So I have been able to visit Bryce Canyon National Park (Utah), Zion National Park (Utah), Badlands National Park (South Dakota), Custer State Park (South Dakota) and Grand Tetons National Park (Wyoming). I had on my run to visit Yellowstone National Park (Wyoming) but I ran too fast in the other places to make it Yellowstone. So I will just have to keep going back to make it to Yellowstone.
I see this being a HUGE plus to working out during the winter. I will be able to visit some of the most beautiful places in the United States and so hopefully it will help me with the "It's cold I really don't want to go workout" attitude I'm afraid I'm going to get.
I am enjoying working out so this is just a bonus for me....to find something that makes the time go by faster it keeps my mind off of what I'm doing and I'm enjoying the view.
Don't forget to go see the real things though. So if you want more info on National Parks go visit www.nps.gov. You can search by state or by park.
No comments:
Post a Comment