Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wishing I was there....

So I did not intend for two blogs in a row to talk about National Parks, although it's not a bad subject.  But I just was looking at the webcam for Old Faithful after I heard on the news this am that they are getting snow, and as much as some people can't understand this, I wish I was there.  Most people can't understand that because of the "DREADED 'S' WORD" that I said.  SNOW!  There I said it again. 

I don't mind snow.  Yes after four or more months of it I am ready for it to end but since I did not grow up in a climate that had snow I rather enjoy it, most of the time.

It can actually be quite calming and after the crazy morning I've had today.  I think it
would be nice to sit at a window (of course I don't have one I could easily sit at in my house) with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate and just watch the snow fall.  

But anyway....I just wish I was there to see the snow covering the trees.  To be bundled up in a nice winter hiking outfit and to be walking around the trails and seeing what I could see.

Oh well....winter is coming soon enough I guess I should not speed it up any.  

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to be there too...enjoying the peacefulness of it and drinking a cup of hot chocolate. Of course being there with a good friend would be nice too :0).

    ReplyDelete