Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Reclaiming control of my life

Today I am attempting to retake back control of my life!  

Over the last month or two I have felt like I have not had control over my life but that my life has had control over me. I'm done with that for now....I'll let you know how it goes.

It just seems like my life is in a chaotic state. As I type this I can only think of a few things I've been doing, nothing that should be taking over my life, but I think my biggest this is 


lack of time management.

I guess that is what I need to work on to "take back control of my life."  TIME MANAGEMENT - even saying it makes me go "yuck" but I guess welcome to being an adult!

So how am I going to do this?  

I guess it starts with getting back to making my lists of things I need to do and prioritize the items on my list so that I don't forget to do the "important" things while I'm doing the less important items.  

I think one of the reasons I am feeling this way is because my recent days of "me time" haven't really been used for "me time" because I am catching up on things that didn't get done early so I could have the "me time."  

I feel bad for saying this because my dear husband doesn't get A LOT of "him time" since I work in the evenings he has to deal with the kids four nights a week (I get home 1 hour earlier on Fridays so I can help) and he starts that as soon as he gets off of work.  My "me time" is when all 3 of the kids are at school.  It happens twice a week for 4 hours.  I try to take one of those days for just me stuff and the other day I try to widdle down my list. 

This is another thing that I have to work on....getting him more "him time."  I think I'll blog on that soon.

So there's my plan.  It's not much but it's a start.  Hopefully I'll be able to come back in a month and let you know how I'm doing.



1 comment:

  1. Ok, I missed reading your blog (in my avoidance of writing my OWN blog). But maybe its something in the weather? I TOO have had that feeling of just being overwhelmed with life. I'm trying to work on the time management thing myself. I think I have been decluttering house and lists lately which has pushed the blogging out the window! but i love your thanksgiving list of thankfuls!! am totally copying that!!

    ReplyDelete