Sunday, March 20, 2011

Here it is!!

Well yesterday Brian and a co-worker went and picked our NEW washing machine.  If you read my post earlier this week, We need a new washing machine, then you know I was without a washing machine for 4 days.  I can't believe what a joy it is to have a working washing machine in my house.  In the 4 days we were without one I went to a laundromat once, to wash sheets & a comforter, and to a friends house and did one load of laundry, I only had time to do one load.  I mean that's crazy that I couldn't wait 4 days to do laundry. I just forget what a "convenience" it is to have your own machine. Plus, I have to say, I didn't know when I would be able to get our new washer so I didn't want to have dirty sheets sit around for too long.

Before I post pics of my new washing machine I have to pay respect to my old one.
my old washer, 8 1/2 years of service is appreciated

 It was our first High Efficiency Front Loader and we loved it.  I wished it lasted longer but it sounds like they just don't make them to last anymore.

So here's my new one...

   
waiting to be unwrapped and brought into the basement
After Brian and his co-worker brought the washer to the side door they realized the dolly they were using needed air in the tires....so here sat the washer for the few minutes they needed to go air up the tires. 

Then it got installed....
Being engineers they actually read the instructions and were doing as they were told....I loved that the instructions were TAPED to the TOP of the machine.
So after a few minutes, most probably about 15 minutes, of installation I decided not to let the great moment pass.  It was time to test the machine and the installation (you know for water leaks).  And I started my first load of laundry.

I think it looks good next to my dryer.  Hopefully the dryer doesn't get self-conscious about being the "old" one.  I love my dryer and I know it will be a great machine for years (let's hope) to come. 

My new washer's controls are all on the front, since it is made to be stackable if wanted, so I have to get used to that but I don't think it will take me long.  It also is all touch buttons instead of knobs so that's kinda neat. 

I'm glad I didn't have to wait as long as I thought I might to get a new one.  I have wonderful friends who would let me use their machines but 5 peoples clothes get heavy to drag around and build up very quickly.

I have to say also...we got a GREAT deal on the washer.  One lesson I learned when buying this washer is definitely look online at the prices before you go to the store.  Even though I bought the washer at Sears, the Sears website had it listed $50 dollars cheaper.  Because I knew that, the store price matched their website and that saved my $50.  I also have paperwork to fill out for a $100 rebate back from my Natural Gas company because of buying a high efficiency washer and my water heater is heated with Natural Gas.  So that will be a nice check to get in the mail in a few weeks.  So all in all I think we got a great deal and a new washer.  It was a good Saturday.

1 comment: