Friday, March 18, 2011

Well, I FINALLY did it!

I joined a gym

I've been wanting to do this for a while and I planned on doing it last fall and of course it didn't get done.  So this past weekend I printed up the forms, filled them out, had Brian sign them (since it is through his work he's my sponsor!), and although my plan was to get them into the gym on Tuesday life happened and finally got there today. So I turned in the forms and paid my first 6 weeks of membership.

So come tomorrow morning I will be getting to the gym at 7:30am for my first official workout in a REALLY LONG TIME!  I am planning on starting slow, just aerobic stuff.  No lifting weights yet.  I know it's part of getting healthier and in shape to lift weights but I want to get into a rhythm of working out before I start doing weights.  Plus I'm not ready for sore muscles I'll get from lifting weights.  Baby steps is what I am telling myself.  I DO NOT want to get burned out and quit soon after I started because I pushed myself too hard. 

I'm excited about it for a couple reasons:
  • I will get healthy and lower some of my blood test numbers that need lowering.  
  • I MAY lose a little weight which is always a plus.  
  • I will have more energy to play with the kids.  Not that I don't have energy but I will have MORE...and with the boys playing soccer it will be nice to be able to run around with them and not get tired quicker.
  • I will fit in my clothes better, hey I may even get a few new pieces of clothes.
  • And although some of my workouts will be in the early mornings I will have a little more ME time.  
So now all I have to do is update the songs on my MP3 player so that they are mostly upbeat songs I can workout to and not slow songs that will give me no pep!


I'll let you know how this goes.  I'm sure there will be at least one or two more posts about my experiences exercising with my 36 year old body. So be looking for something to make you laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment