Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A new year challenge....

Last week when I was on Facebook I saw a friend of mine post this picture....


I think this is a great idea for anyone who wants to save money...no matter what the reason they are saving money for.  I think we are going to try to do this for this year so that at the end of the year  we have a nice amount to go and spend on whatever we want.  We haven't decided what the money will be spent on yet and we may not decide until the year is out but I still think this is a good idea.

To help keep me accountable and up to date on it I most probably will blog about it every couple of weeks.  ESPECIALLY when it gets towards the middle of the year and later when the amount money weekly gets to be more than a "little" amount.  I mean the first few weeks finding $1-$5 dollars to put aside shouldn't be hard but trying to figure what we'll do "without" to save $25 or more dollars will be interesting and I am definitely up for the challenge.

For the beginning of the challenge I am going to collect the money in a jar I have.  I figure when the money gets too much for the jar I may transfer it to something else but I don't think I will put this in a bank until the end.  I want to watch this grow.  And I'll take pictures as it growing to share.

Here's the first pictures:

My jar....I don't know how long it will last...
hopefully it was get to small quickly!

The first 2 weeks of savings....
yes that is a dollar in quarters...
it all spends the same!

If you decide to this challenge let me know how it's going.

2 comments:

  1. We're doing it too. I saw this on Pinterest and thought it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH! I can't wait to see how it goes and to see what we end up doing with it!!!

    ReplyDelete