Today is a day that we in America honor two of the greatest Presidents that we have had as our leaders.
George Washington and Abraham Lincoln
![]() |
| George Washington taken by Gilbert Stuart 1796 |
![]() |
| Abraham Lincoln November 1963 |
I love history and I think both of these men were great men of their time. I think they would be great men in our time. They would definitely be interesting to talk to about the current world in which we live.
My middle child absolutely LOVES Abraham Lincoln.
It started when we planned a trip and went to Mount Rushmore (which both of these men are on).
| Mount Rushmore, August 2008 |
| My middle child pretending to blow up some rock on the side of the mountain |
But I think his love for him was solidified when we went to Springfield, IL and to the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum & Library.
When he (at the age of 4) learned that Lincoln had been assassinated he decided that Lincoln was his FAVORITE President. Two years later he still gets excited whenever you talk about Lincoln. I hope this love for Lincoln, as well as all the Presidents continues to grow as he does.
While we have had many great Presidents in the life of our country it is always nice to celebrate two of the most revered. Happy President's Day!
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment