For those of you who haven't heard of Norwex it is a line of products used for cleaning your home (and body) free of chemicals. They use all natural products. They are mainly known for their microfiber cloths that use JUST WATER. There are many reasons why I like these products and I could do a whole series of blogs on them but I'm not going to, I'm just going to share this one....CLEANING MY OVEN.
My husband and I have been in our house a little over 9 years. We bought our oven when we bought the house. Before I was introduced to Norwex last December (2010) I had cleaned my oven a grand total of 2 times. I set the self-cleaning mode and quickly evacuated my house. The temperature has to get so hot to "burn" everything off that I couldn't stand the heat (and I did it during the winter) and I also couldn't stand the smell of things being "burned" off.
I have since last December cleaned my oven TWICE. The reason for this....no it isn't because it has gotten that dirty but because it was that EASY. Today was the second time. Over the holidays something spilled in the bottom of my oven and I smell it every time we turn on the oven. So tonight before I put the Lasagna in the oven I QUICKLY and EASILY cleaned it.
How you might ask did I clean my oven QUICKLY and EASILY? Norwex sells a Oven/Grill Cleanser that is all-natural, bio-based. Now let me say this now....I am not ANTI-chemicals. I don't love them but if it is what I need to get something clean I use them. Well I DID!
![]() |
| Norwex Oven/Grill Cleaner |
When I say QUICK AND EASY let me explain how quick it really was. When I turned the oven on to preheat is was 4:38pm and when I was completely done with cleaning the oven it was 4:59pm. And the reason it took that long was because I was making Lasagna sauce while I was waiting to wipe down the oven and took a couple extra minutes with the sauce.
Here are a few pictures to show you just how nice it worked.
| My before. While it may not seem bad it was bad enough... |
| After I just wiped down the oven for the first time...see the little spot left |
| My final shot...after about 30 seconds of scrubbing to get the final spot off. |

No comments:
Post a Comment