| Lili's Baptism...the first day Ned met Lili |
| July 2011...the last time we got to spend the day with Ned |
| Lili adores Ned....and I think the feeling was mutual |
Ten years ago when I met him he was just the boss of my dear friend. Never in my wildest dreams he would become such a wonderful part of my life, as well as my children's life.
As a way to honor and remember him his wife asked that those of us that knew him take one (or more) of his wonderful qualitities and add it to our daily lives. She gave us a few ideas in case we weren't able to come up with one on our own.
I thought I'd share some of her ideas. He was one of the sweetest persons I have been able to call a friend and I hope that anyone reading this thinks about adding at least one of these things - or something like it to your daily life.
- Treat others like you want to be treated.
- Give flowers just "because" not because FTD says it's a Holiday
- When told "I love you" answer back "I love you MORE" (and MEAN IT!)
- Find a way - Don't take "no" for an answer for things that truly matter in life
- Be the "Go-To-Guy" - the guy to depend on to get things done right the 1st time
- Strike a balance between "live for today" and "save for the future"
- Don't be a quitter
- Give 150% to everything you do
I hope I can live up to his ways by trying to add more of these things to my daily life...even with the littlest details of my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment