Monday, December 5, 2011

I splurged and found a BONUS!

I don't claim that I'm SUPER frugal and that I never splurge on a purchase but I try my hardest to not overspend.  Part of the reason is because we are SOO close to be debt free but the main reason is because I'm a firm believer in why spend more than what you need to on something.  If the cheaper priced item is of the same quality then I go for the cheaper item if possible.

My oldest child has severe food allergies so I have to say that this is not always possible.  For example, I can't buy the cheap version of Mac n Cheese because it has a contamination possibility with food that will make him sick.  With that in mind I try my hardest to make sure that I save money on things that we are able to buy generic or lesser priced item.

As far as I can remember I've been buying Folgers coffee.  That's as generic as I can get on coffee because I can actually taste a difference from the store brand to Folgers.  But last week I decided since it normally takes me about 3 months to use one container of coffee (I drink about 1 cup a day at home) I would buy myself a bag of Starbucks coffee.  I figured just this once I would pay about twice as much for something and see if it really does make a difference to my coffee experience.

Two days after I purchased the coffee I was moving the bag to a different part of my counter and something caught my eye....on the front of the bag was this....

....when I finish this bag of coffee I can bring in the empty bag to my local Starbucks and get a FREE TALL coffee of my choice.  So the difference in cost from the Folgers to the Starbucks will be made up to me by getting me a coffee from Starbucks one day.  YUM!!!

I've had one cup of coffee from the bag so far and I think I might be able to tell a difference but maybe I'm thinking about it too much....I guess I'll just have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment