A couple of weeks ago I told you about my new toys!
One of those toys is a gently used Olympus Tough 3000 point and shoot camera.
I have a nice Nikon D40 DSLR camera that I got about 4 years ago and I love it.
But soon after I got my DSLR, the point and shoot I had was involved in an unfortunate accident and broke so I didn't have a camera that I could just "throw" in my purse or diaper bag and go. A camera that I wouldn't have to worry about taking up most of the free space in my bag and adding about 4 pounds to the weight of my bag. So with part of my birthday money that I received I was able to purchase a gently used point and shoot.
So to see exactly how well the camera worked I decided to take basically the same picture with both cameras. Both were set on the basic auto mood (since I really need to work on my skills with my DSLR). Here they are....
| taken with my Nikon D40 |
| taken with my Olympus Tough 3000 |
Overall I think I'll get just fine pictures with my new to me point and shoot. And it is waterproof so when we go to the pool this summer I won't be as worried about it getting wet as I am with my "nice"(more expensive) camera.
I can't wait to see what adventures my new point and shoot camera gets to go on with me and my family!
No comments:
Post a Comment