Sunday was the first day of Standard time....meaning we actually "gained" an hour of sleep Saturday night. While I think this practice is pretty out dated and shouldn't be done anymore I have to say I LOVE the "gaining" of an hour. My children even "slept in" a little Sunday am. Now granted I didn't really get much sleep Saturday night because I was up with a sick stomach but I still didn't have to get out of bed as early as I normally would have so all in all it still was a good thing.
I am not looking forward to the sun going down before 5pm for the next 2 months but I am looking forward to the season that follows the end of DST! I'm talking about the holiday season. Not necessarily winter - although - I do enjoy it - I enjoy the holiday season more. While it can be a very busy time of year I think it also is a fun and magical time of year.
I'm hoping that we get to do a few fun things over the next few months that we normally don't do but since we are going to have some time off during the holidays we should have the opportunity to do things.
So even if I don't love that the sun goes down early now I am hoping to take it one day at a time and enjoy it as it goes along so that it doesn't go by too quickly.
Because the next thing I know the holidays will be over...days will start to lengthen and the next thing I know....it will be the beginning of DST again....and it will all start over again.
No comments:
Post a Comment