Thursday, August 18, 2011

25 down, 25 to go!

So my last post was about the last stop on our latest vacation, the Oklahoma City National Memorial.  Well before we got to the Memorial we stopped at the state capitol in where....Oklahoma City :)

This was our 3rd state capitol of the trip.  Back in January I talked about my bucket list and the number one thing on that list was to visit all 50 State Capitols, the actual building.  Then back in July I talked about more state capitols we visited on our first vacation this summer.  Well I can now say we have visited a total of 25 state capitols.

The first week of August we were able to visit Baton Rouge, LA, Austin, TX, and Oklahoma City, OK.  We drove through Jackson, MS but it was about 7:30pm and we still have 200 miles to go.  I have to say I think it's funny that we haven't made it to Jackson's capitol building yet because my husband and I drive through this city EVERY time we visit my family in Louisiana, but it never is a good time to stop.  We joke that this will be our last capitol we get to....I feel like I'll get to Juneau, Alaska before I get to Jackson....and Juneau is only accessible by water craft or airplane!

So anyway....here are some pics of the capitol buildings.

Oklahoma City, OK.....we didn't get inside because it was closed but we still got to see it :-)

My cute family on the steps of the OK capitol...
trying to get all 3 kids to look at once is ALMOST impossible

Austin, TX - very pretty on the inside....
also very busy for 4pm on a Saturday afternoon

Me and my kids...the sun was too bright in their eyes (or so they claim)

LA State Capitol

The whole family...that's the Mississippi River behind us...
thanks to my mom for taking the family pic - it doesn't happen often enough

No comments:

Post a Comment