So my oldest child has met another milestone in his life. A few weeks ago he has lost his first tooth and this week lost his second tooth ;) This is a big deal in his life. He is about to start 2nd grade and was feeling kinda sad because he hadn't lost a tooth yet.
Well a few weeks ago he came down the stairs saying "Guess what I have a loose tooth!" Well he's said this in the past and I could never feel the "loose" tooth. But this time...sure enough there it was a loose tooth.
Of course my kids can never do anything easy or expectantly.
When I looked in his mouth to check on the tooth I was not expecting to see his adult tooth trying to come in already. So since I had not experienced this before I did what alot of moms would do and called a friend for a second opinion. My friend said she had conflicting opinions. One of her friends dentist made them come in and get it checked out where as her dentist said it was okay like that for a little while....
so that didn't really help ;-(
so that didn't really help ;-(
I decided to find out what MY dentist would say about this and gave him a call. When I called our dentist wasn't in but the dental hygienist that answered said it was normal and that if the tooth wasn't out in a couple of days to call back. But she also went on to say that she would double check that with the dentist and let me know if he thought differently. And sure enough they called back and told me it could be a few WEEKS with having both teeth before it becomes a concern. SO YEAH!!!
Well that day I had him eat an apple and after one bite his tooth loosened to the point of bleeding. Needless to say he didn't finish that apple. So he played with it for a couple more days as he was eating a hot dog for lunch it fell out. So YEAH!!
I am happy to report that the Tooth Fairy came for a visit that night and left BJ a whole dollar for his first tooth. The next morning he was SOOO excited to find it in the envelope he left his tooth taped on for the Tooth Fairy.
After the first tooth came out I looked in his mouth and realized the second adult tooth was coming in behind his other lower front tooth. So now knowing the dentist was okay with it taking a little while I didn't worry. But 3 weeks later it was still there so out came another apple...and presto a VERY loose tooth. So after another couple of days it wasn't out so SuperDad to the rescue again and the tooth was pulled...with NO fussing from BJ.
| you can see his new tooth clearly behind where the first tooth was |
| even though he looks tired we was happy to lose the tooth |
After the first tooth came out I looked in his mouth and realized the second adult tooth was coming in behind his other lower front tooth. So now knowing the dentist was okay with it taking a little while I didn't worry. But 3 weeks later it was still there so out came another apple...and presto a VERY loose tooth. So after another couple of days it wasn't out so SuperDad to the rescue again and the tooth was pulled...with NO fussing from BJ.
I'm so glad that he is going to be starting second grade with fun stories about summer vacations, Cub Scout camp, learning how to swim by himself and loosing teeth that he can share with his friends.
I think it was a good summer for him.
I think it was a good summer for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment