Back in February I told you about a new adventure that my husband and I were undertaking. Since then more new adventures have come our/my way.
The latest adventures have actually only started within the past few weeks and the last 24 hours depending on the adventure we are talking about.
You may remember in March I joined a gym. Well, one Sunday, about a month ago my husband was looking through the paper.
He got to the classified ads and there was an ad for a "Evening Babysitting Coordinator" at his company's gym, the one I just had joined. One of the benefits was a free FAMILY membership to the gym. This position was to be from 4pm-7:45pm (6:45 on Fridays). Which these times work well because my husband can get off of work and keep the kids so we are paying someone to watch them while I work.
So my husband mentioned the ad to me (I believe partially as a joke and partially serious because of the free membership). Well the idea kept replaying in my head for a couple of days and sure enough I went and applied for the job. About 1.5 weeks later I got a call for an interview, then was asked to have a 2nd interview and was offered the job. After the background clearance and drug test (neither of which I was worried about) came back I started my part time job on April 26th. I what is really nice is one of the other benefits is that if my husband has an evening meeting or has to work a little late he can bring the kids to me while I'm working....which has already helped out a couple of times.
So now I'm back in the "working world" as well as being a daytime stay at home mom. My employer was very understanding that I have some family trips planned already for the summer and that come the fall when school is back in session I may need an evening a month off or so. Which makes it nice.
This brings me to my next "adventure." Last night I was elected the PTA President of my son's elementary school PTA. Heaven help me but I am looking forward to it. My sister's response when I told her was that I needed my head examined. You see in addition to Cub Scouts, my 2 sons are involved in soccer (this year my husband helped coach), I'm now working, and NOW I'm going to be even MORE involved with the PTA. I figured my children only experience life once and I want to be there to help it be the best experience they can have....which means I wanted to be involved. So here I am....INVOLVED!
I am amazed at how busy our lives are becoming and our children are still so YOUNG. Our oldest is going to be 7 soon and our middle child is starting Kindergarten in the fall. All I have to say is that I hope our busyness level does not grow exponentially as each child starts school because I refuse to become an over-scheduled family. We'll just have to keep our eyes on our schedule and learn how to say NO!
Keep us in your prayers. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment