Last Thursday night my husband, Brian, Sr., left home to go to a meeting with my oldest, Brian, Jr. Brian, Sr. walked in from the meeting and told me this."I left your husband and I came home a
A couple of weeks earlier Brian, Jr. (better known as BJ) came home with a flyer from school talking about an "informational meeting" for Boy Scouts at his school. He was SOO excited but we couldn't make the meeting due to Religious Education the night of the meeting. I told him I'd email the contact to get more information. Well the day came and went and I didn't get an email off. But eventually I sent off an email and got an IMMEDIATE response. The response said we didn't miss much but they were having another meeting that Thursday night. So Brian took BJ to the next meeting and BJ was hooked.
When Brian came home he told me we needed to get the Cub Scout Handbook. I asked if any paperwork was needed and his response was that they didn't say anything about it. So we figured we'd email the person and ask more questions.
The following Monday after picking BJ up from school we went to the Boy Scouts of America office and picked up
BJ's new Handbook. While I was there I went to the front desk and asked about paperwork.
There was a gentleman standing at the front desk who happened to be the contact I had emailed. He informed me that the Pack wasn't officially formed and got me information about what needed to be done to form the pack. He also said he's be at the next meeting later in the week to explain the needs to the parents. At that time I stated I would be glad to help as would my husband if they needed it. Little did I know.
So this brings us to the meeting Brian went to as a father and came home as the
But that's not it....I am also
a member of the Pack Committee. I am going to be the Liason between the Pack and the Charter organization (ie, BJ's school's PTA). I may end up with more roles but for now this is what's happening.
We are looking forward to our new adventures. I've never been involved with girl scouts, besides buying cookies, so this will be a learning experience. I guess the best way to learn is to jump in with all 4 feet (my 2 and Brian's 2). But if BJ has fun being a
then that's it's worth it. And in 2 years Hank can become one IF he wants to.
Goodness help us if Lili decides she wants to try Girl Scouts :)
"


ok, SERIOUSLY, that is too funny!!!! that is exactly how I ended up being Bella's Girl Scout troop leader! my hats off to both of you, i know you'll do an awesome job!!!!
ReplyDeleteI wish you guys the best in this endeavor...and I hope the parents support better than my Girl Scout parents did! Although, from what I've seen support seems to be pretty good for the Boy Scouts...
ReplyDeleteI too started out as a volunteer and then was told that my "volunteering" would be as a troop leader.
Whatever you do - get assistant or "co" leaders!