Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A little of everything

So I don't have any one particular thing that I was am thinking about today so I thought I'd share a few things that I've been thinking about or that has been going on in my life.

Cub Scouts

That's the first thing I feel like I've been doing A LOT of lately.  This isn't a complaint but I just never realized how much paperwork goes into starting a Cub Scout Pack.  It is well worth it but it can be overwhelming at times. 

I think one of the reasons it seems overwhelming is that we started this SOO late in the school year.  I mean the Boy Scout year is from June 1st til May 31st.  So since we didn't start this organization until early February and since we aren't actually an OFFICIAL Pack yet (we still need 3 more parents to step up & help) then it really doesn't leave us a lot of time to do things.  But I have to say since we moved meeting nights it is getting better so COME ON PARENTS!

I know my oldest is enjoying it and my middle child, my second son, is already talking about when he gets to become a Scout in 2 years.  It is so worth the paperwork to see them happy and I know that once it is all official and running more smoothly it will work itself out!

Reading

I don't take a lot of time for myself to read.  I enjoy reading a good book and normally when I find a book I like I normally find the time to read it.  Lately I just haven't, that is until this past weekend.  A dear friend of mine let me borrow a copy of The Pioneer Woman - From Black Heels to Tractor Wheels and I LOVED every minute of my reading of it.  It only took me about 10 hours to read it.  For me that is like the speed of a Daytona 500 NASCAR race.  I am a slow reader for a few reasons, none exciting enough to write about, so it normally takes me a while to read any book. 

I think I have mentioned before about The Pioneer Woman's blog before, I know it's on my list of Blogs I Follow, but if for some reason this has escaped me I think it is a definite MUST READ.  She is so down to earth and I really would love to meet her.  I think sitting in her kitchen just chatting with her would be SOOO cool.  I am a city slicker through and through, although I wouldn't be afraid to get my hands dirty, but I know I am not in the right physical shape for hard labor.  I've always wondered what it would be like to actually live on a farm or in the country but I've always said I like being close to things (like stores, other people, etc) so I don't think I could live in the middle of nowhere.  But after following this blog and reading this book it makes me think maybe I could really do it.  But since I don't see that in the future for me it will have to be a dream.  Or a vacation someday.


Children and sickness

Back at the end of January beginning on February the flu, or some other lovely sickness, went through my house.  I was the only one that came out of the 3 week period without experiencing any of the symptoms.  While no one was "officially" diagnosed with the flu I believe my husband, Brian, had it.  He showed all of the classic signs.  My children on the other hand had the fevers, running noses, unsure if they had body aches because they didn't seem to be out of sorts that way, and the coughing.  So the possibility that they had the fle was strong also.  So I was hoping that YEAH it's over in my house. 

Well, think again.  On Sunday night my youngest, and only daughter, starting running a fever after she had gone to bed.  Whenever she is not feeling good she doesn't sleep well so this meant for a semi-sleepless night for me as well, but that's my job and I really do love it.  So after 2 full days of the fever, coughing, running nose, not eating, saying her throat hurt I decided to take her in to the doctor today.  Our normal doctor is off on Wednesdays so I got in with the Nurse Practitioner.  She's nice and all but she's not our regular doctor.  But I was fine with that.  Anyway, after she was checked out and was found to have clear lungs and ears and her throat was fine to it was decided she most probably has the flu....REALLY didn't I just go through this about a month ago!  So fluids, Tylenol for the fever (if it comes back because of course she didn't have one at the doctor's office) and hope she gets over it before she can spread it around the house again. 

Here's to hoping that I can keep my kids from playing with each other or each other's toys much!

No comments:

Post a Comment