My sweet Lili....
How was I to know SHE was going to be the one to cause me to go gray (which I haven't done yet but check back soon)!
When she became mobile I knew right away she was going to be my first broken bone. I had no doubt in my mind that it was going to happen...I just didn't know when. She was trying to do EVERYTHING her older brothers were doing, even though they could barely do some things. But that didn't stop her from trying. And of course being daredevils like they are they are they were doing things they SHOULDN'T be doing, and without trying, were teaching their little sister how to do these things.
Then came December 2, 2010. And my sweet daughter's attempt to mimic her brothers JUMPING DOWN the stairs. And she missed one! So off to the ER we went and came home like this....
Then a week later we came home from the orthopedic doctor like this (her brother Hank thought Pink was her favorite color)......
Let me tell you something....the cast NEVER slowed her down. So 3 days before Christmas Lili got her cast off.
This brings us to just a little while ago...and the reason I felt I needed to write this blog.
Things were quiet...too quiet. I realized Lili was in the kitchen and when I called her she came around the corner with a twinkle in her eyes, her hand covering her mouth, and a sheepish grin coming out from behind her hand. I proceeded into the kitchen to see my diaper bag (my fault I left it where she could reach it) open with the diapers out of it. I quickly picked up the diapers and the bag and put it on the counter. When I returned to the living room I could tell she was eating something....a mouth sweep later I found a piece of gum half chewed in her mouth. No big deal right....until I went to throw away the piece I took away from her and found this......
A gum container and MULTIPLE wrappers. So I asked her if she had eaten all of these and she responded....sheepishly....yes! Okay what happens to a 2 year old who eats a lot of gum....I don't know because it's never happened to me before!!!
So Dial A Nurse here I come. I found out that first give her water, if she swallows fine then try a small piece of bread. If the bread gets stuck or she starts choking it will dissolve quickly because of the juices in our throats. Get her to the doctor if she starts coughing because gum in stuck. If she eats it fine go back to a normal diet and watch her stool for a few days...gum most probably won't digest. Well we're not at the doctor so I'll let you guess how the bread went.
I always thought having boys was going to be a challenge for me. But NOOOO my daughter decided to be my challenge. I think is mainly because she has 2 older brothers but I'm sure some of it is just because she is a little girl who likes to get into EVERYTHING. Heaven help me!

I'm sorry, but it is kind of funny. My girls have so far (cross my fingers, knock on wood etc.) haven't been my trouble makers.
ReplyDeleteMaybe this means Lili will be an easier teenager....one could hope :0).