Today started off as a normal morning. It actually was nice because my children slept in until 6:30am (2 of the 3) which is different from the 5:45-6am wake up. My oldest actually slept until 7am - that was GLORIOUS because he needs the sleep. So because of the children "sleeping in" I actually was able to sit on the couch, drink my coffee, watch the morning news, and catch up on some email BY MYSELF! That was very nice.
Since my husband, Brian, was home sick and my middle child, Hank, was staying home sick from school I decided that instead of loading up my youngest, Lili, into the car to take my oldest, BJ, to school and then go sit in the parking lot of Lili & Hank's school for 30 minutes waiting for it to be time to go in that I would let Lili stay home and play for a few more minutes while I dropped off her big brother. So when deciding to bring BJ to school without anyone else I figured I would just take the car, I mean, Brian is at home with the 2 little ones, no need to have to have BJ climb in the back of the minivan when he can easily get in and out of the car. Plus if SOMETHING happened in the 3/4 mile to or from BJ's school Brian would have a car to come and get me that has carseats in it for Hank and Lili.
I drop BJ off and head home. I decide to change Lili's diaper before we have to leave and at that point realize that BJ had left his library books at home (forgetting today was Tuesday since he was sick yesterday). So I figure after dropping off Lili and going to my consignment shop appointment I can just run but BJ's school to give him his library books. So now it's time to leave. So I get Lili, her backpack, lunchbox, bag with the daily snack (because of course it's her snack day), her babydoll because it's PJ week at school, a bag of things for the consignment shop and away we go to the garage. After everything is loaded in the van I get in my seat and go to start up the van......
AND IT WON'T START! I'm thinking dead battery. This is when I am really thankful Brian is home sick. I go in and say "I have a dead battery I'm taking your car!" So I get the car keys, go out to the garage and start to unload the van and load up the car. I start with taking Lili out of her seat and moving her carseat from the van to the car - which of course is a pain to tighten down properly. I then strap her back in and continue moving things from the van to the car.
After I get it all loaded I'm ready to go. By this time I think we will BARELY be able to make it to school on time for Lili, although it's not like she gets a TARDY or anything...but I hate to be late and disruptive. So off we go. On the way to bringing Lili I realize we are about to be stopped by a train in downtown....NOPE NOT TODAY....so I detoured around the train tracks and went another way. So after this we make it to school RIGHT in time. I get Lili in, get her snack to her teachers and get her hands washed and off I go. She's wasn't thrilled I was leaving but she quickly gets over that.
So off I went to the consignment shop for my appointment. I brought in my 2 big 15 gallon tubs of stuff and signed in. Normally they say it will take about 1/2 hour for them to go through and catalog my items and decide what they want and don't want but I was informed that they were down a person so it could be an hour or so....well I said I'd come back later. After I left there I had to head to Target. I need to look at the cubeicals for the boys room because they were on sale this week, and I need to pick up some Theraflu and Orange Juice for Brian. So off I went. As I was walking to the frozen juice section I was thinking I can't believe I forgot to get OJ at the store yesterday and then it hit me...I didn't forget....I just forgot to put it away. It was in the ONE bag of groceries that I didn't put away yesterday because I was thinking they were all canned goods and I was doing other things, like getting sick people medicine and things. So I had 2 cans of used to be frozen OJ sitting in a bag on the floor of my kitchen going to waste - ughhh! So anyway I get the items I need to get and back home I go.
When I got home Brian asked if I wanted to go see if the van would jumpstart. I wasn't sure if the jumper cables would reach the way our car/van are parked in our garage but I figured it wouldn't hurt to try. After moving the car a little closer to the van we were able to get the van started. So without turning off the van I went inside, got my purse and the spare set of keys (so I could keep the van running when I went into the Automotive dept at Wal-Mart but lock it) and I left to go get my battery tested to see if that was the problem. On the way to Wal-Mart I realized that our van's battery had NEVER been replaced and the van was 8 yrs old. This gave me hope that yes the battery was indeed going to be the problem. When I arrived at Wal-Mart I was informed that they could test it but that I would have to turn it off to have it tested. Luckily they assured me they would jumpstart me again if it wasn't the battery so that I could get it to another repair shop for service. But thanks goodness it ended up being just the battery. So 30 minutes later I had a new battery and was on my way back to the consignment shop to pick up any items that were not deemed acceptable.
So much for the 1 hr wait that they said it would be. I got there 1 hr 45 minutes after my appointment time and they were still going through my things. So another 20-25 minute wait for me and then I got my things. I figured it would be more of a pain to have to come back later today just to pick up a few items. I was happy with the 56 items they took.
When I got home from those errands I walked into the sweetest sight. Brian was curled up on the couch resting while Hank was sitting at his feet just looking through books. Brian had turned off the TV after Hank had watched PLENTY this am and so Hank was just looking at books letting his dad relax.
Unfortunately Hank had a fever earlier today so no speech therapy for him tomorrow but BJ is still feeling good so he will go to school tomorrow. Now I just hope that Lili and I keep feeling good. I also hope that Hank is fever free tomorrow so he can go to school on Thursday....he told me today he missed his friends. And of course I hope Brian starts to feel better soon too. I know he doesn't like being sick and he doesn't like missing work.
As I look back at the day overall it hasn't been a bad day there was just a period of a couple of hours where it just seemed what could go wrong did. But all has been resolved easily, besides the sickness and that will naturally get better.
I hope everyone is having a good day and that at some point this made you smile.
Your day just sounds funny! I like so much to get out there and try to run a bunch of errands in one day...and you've reminded me that I REALLY need to clean up some of hte goodwill stuff in the garage and GET RID OF IT!
ReplyDeleteespecially since you don't need to store it for 3 yrs.....I'm glad I could give you a laugh....I do think it was a funny day!
ReplyDelete