Wednesday, January 26, 2011

It's never too early

So this is what I'm thinking today.....

With my anniversary, birthday and Christmas all being in the last 4 months of the year it always seems hard for me to come up with ideas of gifts I want (I don't know why but it is hard for me most times).  If I can come up with something for my anniversary than 4 weeks later I can't seem to come up with anything for my birthday.  If I come up with my birthday ideas then, even though it's almost 3 months later, I can't seem to come up with something for Christmas.  So I've decided to start my wish list now.  I mean it's never TOO early and this way I can keep it handy for anyone who seems to want to know what I may want.

Normally it's not just Brian that asks me for these lists.  I get the request from my parents also.  So this year instead of saying "I don't know" or "Let me think about it" I'll be able to say I'll email you a list.  I will make sure I don't give the same list to Brian and my parents so that I don't get duplicates but at least I'll have an answer to give them.  Of course Brian doesn't ALWAYS ask...he's pretty good at thinking of things on his own but I'll have a list if he wants it.

I like that this list can change and grow also.  If for some reason something on my list gets bought before a holiday or special occasion then I can just delete it off my list.  If I think of new things I can add it to my list.  I also can order my list by level of interest or want. 

I also want it known that I would NEVER EXPECT anything that is on my list.  I NEVER EXPECT anything anywhere but if someone wants to get me something the list will be there for "helpful" suggestions.  So I'm going to try this and hope that I won't forget to add things to the list when I think of them.

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand! I've gotten much better at maintaining that list from "last year" that didn't all get fulfilled, and then try to add throughout the year. I was just going through this past holiday's list and marking off those things we got. I think once we move overseas it'll be easier to come up with a list because I'll be asking for the silly stuff that i just can't get over there - maybe like lotion from Bath and Body Works and candles from Yankee Candle? Who knows - we'll see!

    ReplyDelete