Well the meteorologists got the forecast right today. We woke up to a nice steady snowfall that is still going (3 1/2 hrs later). It looks like we've gotten about 3.5 inches so far today and will get most probably 3 more inches before this snowfall is over.
Brian and I are both thankful thank that we have all of our shopping done so that we don't HAVE to go out in this weather. Of course as with most everything I can think of a couple things I would like to be able to buy today but nothing that is worth risking out lives for, but if the roads seem to magically clear up one of us might venture out.
One of the things that we might venture out for is a new hand mixer. The other day when I was fixing sugar cookies for BJ to have at his school Holiday Celebration I burned out my mixer. Granted this mixer was at least 10 yrs old (I think we got it as a wedding gift) but I really hate it when little things like this go out on me. It's one of those items that you don't think about until you need it. I have purposely left the broken one sitting on my kitchen counter for the past 3 days but has that reminded me to pick one up the 3 times I've been at a store that sells them since I've burned it out....NO. And of course when Brian called me as he was heading home yesterday and asked if there was anything I needed for him to pick up before the storm....I remembered the hot dog buns but NO not the mixer. All I can say is I'm glad we haven't eaten all the cookies I made the other day yet because there are some for Santa tonight. I know I know I could hand mix the cookies, and I may in fact hand mix a cake tomorrow, but it's been a LONG time since I haven't had access to the convenience of a hand mixer for my baking - which I love to do on the spur of the moment.
Brian and I can't wait to get all the presents out tonight and fill underneath the Christmas tree. We haven't put any of the presents out yet because we know ALL of our children would be trying to open them and I would never be able to leave the room with the kids in it unattended. I am hoping next year or maybe 2012 we might be able to start putting out some of the smaller stuff but we'll just have to wait and see. But until then we have so much fun bringing up all the presents from the basement. I normally take a picture of the tree before the presents and then after the presents.....and then I'll take one tomorrow morning after Santa ;) arrives with all of his presents -- HEAVEN help us! One of Brian and my biggest "worries" for Christmas day and the days following is finding a place for all the new presents. We try to make room through out the month of December by clearing a few old toys out but it just doesn't seem like it's enough. And I think we were somewhat controlled on our Christmas purchases this year. But I'm sure everyone can agree that as controlled as I think we were we could have controlled ourselves a little more. I guess since we're not the type to just go buy our kids stuff all the time that this is our time to do that. We try our hardest to give them gifts anfor birthdays and Christmas, and maybe a couple things if something special happens or such.....my kids don't ever suffer from the lack of stuff....no matter what they may say sometimes.
I'll try to learn how to add pics to this soon.
Off to time with the family. Merry Christmas Eve!
No comments:
Post a Comment