So it's the last day of January already...this year is already going by quickly...so I thought I'd say hi.
So far in the Midwest we have had a relatively mild winter. We have had some COLD days and some mild days, we've had some snow but nothing major yet. This may change soon.
Right now we are forecasted to get a major storm on Tuesday of this week. While I understand that meteorologists are not able to give us a true idea of exactly how much snow we are going to get yet I am always amazed at:
1) what they do tell us this far out;
and
2) what some people expect them to be able to do this far out.
As of Friday (5 days before the storm is supposed to hit) we were hearing projections of 6-14 inches for my area. I was also hearing up to 20 inches. The storm hadn't even made landfall over California when they were saying this. So the general public already started freaking out. I think this is funny. We live in the Midwest...it snows...EVERY YEAR....this shouldn't be a problem.
Luckily the TV station I follow the most have very straight forward meteorologists who will tell you WE DON'T KNOW YET what the impact will be. They will say that we should get at least some snow but the amounts and exactly storm path can not be determined until 24-48 hours before the snowfall is supposed to occur. Well it's is now at that 48 hour mark and it looks like they are still not quite sure how much we'll get but that 6 inches is a minimum safe bet. So needless to say it will be an interesting next 48-72 hours. I feel our first snow day from school coming up this week.
I'll let you know what ends up happening with our weather....will it be the "snowpoclaypse" that some news organizations are already predicting or will life go on as normal. Once again...it's winter, it snows here, I really am not expecting much other than a regular snow day.
No comments:
Post a Comment