Yes I live in the Midwest...yes I CHOSE to move here...yes we have winter EVERY YEAR....yes it is only February.....
These facts are NOT in dispute. I am just ready for winter to be OVER....and not just the official WINTER season....the actual "act" of winter.
As of 9:45pm on Monday, February 10th the area that I live in had had 338 hours of SUB ZERO temps. These started in December. That worked out to be 14 days of SUB ZERO temps and after that fact was shared we had at least another 14-18 hours of them.
Since November (thru yesterday) we have had 34 inches of snow. Today we are getting between 3-6 inches of snow to add to that total.
We have had 6 cancelled days of school due to snow or cold weather (at least one was called off prematurely but can't take it back)...as a matter of fact today the kids were supposed to be in school because of a snow make up day...well they aren't because of the above mentioned 3-6 inches of snow we are getting today. The 6 cancelled days being made up doesn't count the 7 or 8 two-hour delayed starts we have had.
I just felt the need to share these lovely facts and annoyances that have been going through my mind.
Here are a couple pics of the white stuff.....just to add to the realness of this!
No comments:
Post a Comment