A couple weeks ago I tried to organize a Ladies Night Out with a group of friends from different parts of my life. I found a local Ceramic Center that offers "Friday Nights Out" and each month there is a different object that is made. January's was make a glass appitizer plate.
Unfortunately for mulitple reasons most of my friends were unable to make it but one was able to make it. And I'm soo glad she was. We hd a really good time visiting and catching up while making our plates.
We were able to choose 2 6-inch squares to glue together (for strength of the plate) from the colors white, black, and clear. After that there were multiple types and colors of glass shards, glass "noodles," and other glass fragments to choose from to decorate our plate. I decided to go for an abstract design because I knew if I tried to make a specific design and it didn't come out right it would most probably bug everytime I looked at it.
Well after we made it, it took almost 2 weeks to actually get the finished product back because of the firing process that it had to undergo to "fix" the design and melt the 2 plates together. So here is the finished product....
I am really happy with it! And can't wait to use it.

Mary, that turned out GREAT!!!! Can't wait till your next event!
ReplyDelete