Most of the days I turn on the radio for my daughter and I to listen to while we drive to her school. I am a country music fan so that is normally the station I put it on. Well every morning at 9am the radio station I listen to has a contest. They call is "Office Olympics" and every day it's a different type of contest. Some of the contests are: name that tune, country music trivia, name the artist, etc. Well last Tuesday, November 6th they were playing name that TV Theme song. I turned on my radio just in time to hear the first contestant listen to the Theme music. VERY RARELY do I know any of the answers.
Well, low and behold I actually knew the answer. So before I even know what the prize was I tried to call in. I must have redialed the phone number 15 times before it started to ring. Okay so it was on a cell phone I didn't actually have to REDIAL but I had to hang up and press call over and over again (thank goodness for stop lights). By the time it started ringing I was not giving up...so my side trip to McDonald's for hot chocolate was postponed and I just let it ring and ring and ring. I listened to three other callers get the Theme song WRONG and keep letting it ring.
FINALLY they answered....they told me the game and played the Theme Song...and yes you guessed it...I WAS RIGHT!!!! All my years of watching "The West Wing" finally paid off. So after I answered correctly the DJ then said "You've won tickets to the Alan Jackson concert THIS THURSDAY night in Des Moines." I was so shocked and excited but all I could say was "I hope I can find a sitter!"
So the thing is there were a few problem {these are not necessarily in order of importance}:
- Des Moines is like 2.5 hours from where we live
- I work on weekday evenings
- I have 3 kids that would need to be taken care of for like 9+ hours
So after I was a little freaked out that I won and then called my husband and announced that we had concert tickets for 2 days from then I had to start thinking.
Luckily I was able to find 2 people to work my shift for me and one of my dearest friends (her husband and her mom) where able to help out with watching my kids so that my husband and I could go to a concert and have a great night out together.
Part II to come soon with pictures and all.
No comments:
Post a Comment