"Don't swing things in the house!" This is a common statement most parents make at least once in their lives to their children. I can say for a fact my husband and I have said it MORE than ONCE to our children during the past 7 1/2 years of parenthood.
My boys learned WHY we tell them NOT to swing things. Just a couple days ago while I was at work my husband sent me a picture message on my phone. It was titled...."What happens when..." and attached was a picture and the words..."The boys play dodge ball instead of cleaning their room."
While this is not the exact picture it is a picture of the same item...just taken with my camera instead of a phone camera.
The glass cover for the light on the ceiling fan in MY room was the recipient of, what was later found out to be, a swinging belt. A swinging belt you say...yes a belt that "was being swung around trying to "launch" a ball" is what my oldest child described to us.
So needless to say my two sons piggy banks will be a little lighter this week after we go and purchase a new cover for the light in my room.
I'm hoping this will help them remember why we tell them "Don't swing things in the house" but since my children are 7 1/2, 6 and 3 I don't have A LOT of hope that things like this won't happen again.
No comments:
Post a Comment