This winter has been very weird. In the Midwest snow is a "norm" for winter. Not just snow but LOTS of SNOW! Last winter (2010-2011) we had over 40 inches of snow by this time of year. As of this past weekend we've had approximately 10 inches of snow.
I've lived in the Midwest for the past 12 1/2 years. We've never had a winter like this since I've lived here. Most of our winters once it snows the ground is covered in snow until the "spring" thaw. In January we normally have a "warm-up" but it really doesn't warm up to melt everything.
This year though we have had a very mild winter. We've had more days above normal than below normal.
Our backyard has been looking like this throughout the year.
 |
| no snow |
 |
| hours later covered in snow |
 |
| then the warm up comes and the snow leaves |
 |
| more is leaving |
 |
| then it snows again |
 |
| and leaves again |
 |
| and now it's gone |
Will it come back. I'm thinking it will but this has been such as wacky year I really don't know. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
No comments:
Post a Comment