Thursday, March 1, 2012

Happy 140th Birthday

On March 1, 1872 President Ulysses S. Grant signed into the law the formation of Yellowstone National Park.  Yellowstone is the first National Park in the United States of America....as well as the world.  

In 2008 my family (my husband, my two boys and myself) spend 3 days and 2 nights in Yellowstone National Park.  I always thought pictures I had seen of Yellowstone were pretty but until I drove through the "gates" of the park I never truly knew how amazing this place was.  My love for it was cemented forever.  I was 13 weeks pregnant with my little girl when we went so I knew we wanted to go back but we figured we would wait a few years so the "baby" was old enough to walk around.  We are looking at 2014 if not sooner it all depends on other trips that are being planned ;)

Here are some pictures from our trip in 2008.

A river that you drive along when you first enter Yellowstone
(the entrance from Grand Teton Nat'l Park)

The boys watching the "Mud Volcano"

The family at Lower Falls Waterfall
 (thank you to the stranger that took this pic)

My hubby explaining the waterfall to my boys

the rocks around the falls

Lower Falls Waterfall
Mom and the boys at Mammoth Hot Springs
The Elk roam free in Mammoth Hot Springs

A picnic for lunch right inside the state of Montana but still in the park

Our view from our picnic table
My favorite picture of Hank from the visit to Yellowstone National Park,
up a tree at our picnic area

My favorite picture of BJ from the visit to Yellowstone National Park,
up a tree at our picnic area
Old Faithful erupting
Me and the boys at the Continental Divide...very cool!
After our visit to Yellowstone I decided I need to try and see more National Parks.  So along with our love of state capitols we also are trying to see National Parks as we travel this great country of ours.  There are A LOT of them - over 300 - so we may not get to see them all but we are going to have fun trying.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK!
And many more......

No comments:

Post a Comment