Thursday, November 17, 2011

My day 16 of Thanks

I am thankful for my wonderful husband "allowing" me to work the job that I started a little over 6 months ago.  I enjoy my job...it's fun 95% of the time (I don't think any job can say it's fun 100% of the time) and it is helping us reach our financial goal of being DEBT FREE!!!!

Now as I explained to my friends....when I say "allow" I don't mean that he gave me permission to take the job.  I mean he and I came to a decision TOGETHER as a couple and with that decision he took on A LOT of extra Daddy duty that I would be home to help with if I wasn't working every night from 4pm until 8pm (7pm on Fridays).

He is now the one responsible for feeding our children (some nights I have dinner prepared some nights I don't).  Getting them to any activities...such as Cub Scouts (where he is Cub Master), dropping the boys off at Religious Education (luckily I can pick them up on the way home from work), and soccer practice (and coach) during soccer season.  And those are MAINLY just for the oldest child but he is also having to deal with the other two most of the time while performing his duties as Cub Master and Soccer Coach.  Then of course after he gets them to and from the activities it is making sure homework is done, bathing and getting them ready and in bed for the night just in time for me to come home and sit on the couch next to him.

Ever since we've known each other he has "helped" with the other duties of the house but I thought I'd list those to just to show that he is not just a chef and taxi driver.  He also helps with:


  • Cleaning the kitchen
  • vacuuming the house
  • folding and putting away laundry 
  • picking up after the kids
  • steaming his clothes (he does this all the time)
and those are just a few things I can think of right now.  I try my hardest to have most of this stuff done before I leave so he doesn't have to think about it but sometimes it just doesn't happen and he does his best to help with them (when time allows...see the busy list of things above).

I have always known my husband is a wonderful person and for the last 7 1/2 years he has been a wonderful father.  He just proves it to me over and over again every day and I THANK HIM for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment