Seven (and a quarter according to my oldest) years ago I became a mom. When I became a mom I always tried to make my little boy look as cute as possible. I used to have problems with letting my kids out of the house without their clothes matching. My sister and my friends would say "are they dressed?" then don't worry about it but it was always HARD for me. But I have changed.
![]() |
| look how cute |
![]() |
| matching so cute |
![]() |
![]() |
| as I toddler it's easy to match....rompers!!! |
Then I tried to start being more relaxed with the way my kids dressed. I finally realized it was okay if they didn't match and having them dress themselves was SO HUGE for them. It gave them such a sense of accomplishment and for me to come and say "no let's pick something else" wasn't really helping them out.
So a extra shirt or colors that aren't perfect were okay. I will never forget the first time I felt truly proud of myself for not making my oldest change his clothes before we LEFT THE HOUSE!
It took all my power to let him dress like this but you know what...we all survived. This was 3 years ago. So now it still makes me cringe a LITTLE but I just let it flow.
The reason why I'm blogging about this now....because this week I was able to truly see how far I've come.
This is what my middle child decided to wear to school this week. And I just said "great job on getting dressed!"
Wow have I grown as a MOM!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment