Friday, September 9, 2011

5 things that make me happy, 1 think that makes me mad!

Earlier this week one of the blogs I follow The Non-Consumer Advocate did a piece on 5 things that was making her happy at the time and one thing that pissed her off.  She's done this before and I like it.


Today I was quite annoyed and as I was trying to calm myself down and get into a better mood I thought about the post and decided it was a good idea for a post.


So here's my list of 5 things that make me happy, 1 think that makes me mad (for today at least)!

My Happy Things

1.) It's Friday.  It's always nice when it's Friday.  I know the next 2 days are for family time (and soccer).


2.) Scrapbooking.....I may not have been to productive this summer with my scrapbooking but this weekend I'm going to see where I left off so that this coming week I can hopefully get back to it.


3.) Working towards being DEBT FREE!  Knowing that in the next few months my husband and I will be DEBT FREE except for our house makes me happy!


4.) I have 3 healthy kids.  


5.) My kitchen is clean! Nothing like a clean kitchen before I go to bed :)  I despise waking up to a dirty kitchen but a lot of times I'm too tired or forgetful to get it done before bed.  I know it helped that I cooked dinner and cleaned the pots hours before dinner so all that was necessary for dinner clean-up was filling the dishwasher and putting away leftovers.




My Thing that Makes ME MAD!


The bell at my son's school rings at 3:40 but his teacher kept the kids for 2-5 minutes longer because they weren't quiet enough to leave.  Yes I know my son's 2nd grade class needs to listen to their teacher and follow rules BUT keeping the kids after school doesn't annoy the kids as much as it makes the parents waiting for them MAD!  It is an inconvenience and for those of us who have places to be (I have to be at work at 4pm and it's about a 15 minutes drive with traffic) I think it is rude and unacceptable.  I do believe I will be emailing or talking to the teacher soon because this is becoming a regular occurrence and it's only the end of week 3 of school.  


I hope this piece makes you realize that there are more things out there to make you happy than MAD.  It definitely made me calm down when I started thinking about happy things instead of the one thing that was making me mad.  


I hope to blog about this again because I know it helps me try to focus on all of the good things instead of the bad or annoying things. I hope it does the same for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment