Saturday, May 14, 2011

Bad things....good people.....

This past week has been an emotional week.  A dear friend of mine had not been feeling well and when he went to the doctor and got a couple tests done they found a mass on his panceras.  It has been tentatively (by 3 doctors) diagnosed as Pancreatic Cancer....NOT GOOD!  He goes for a biopsy this coming Wednesday and a PET scan to see if it has spread anywhere else.  His diagnosis isn't good. 

My heart is hurting so bad for him and his wife, children, grandson, and the rest of us that love him so dearly.  I say his my friend because there is NO blood relation to him but he truly is family to me. 

I know that God has a plan for each of us and he doesn't give us more than we can handle but sometimes the human in me takes over and can't believe good people are allowed to hurt like this.  I've been in this situation before with my brother.  I lost him 17 1/2 years ago and my heart still hurts for him.  It's a hole that has never been filled. I am trying to "give this up to God" but it's so hard. 

We don't know alot right now and we hope that the doctors are wrong about how bad it is but we know they are most probably not wrong.  So we take it one day at a time and make sure he knows he's loved and that we are there for each other.

I just ask if you are the praying kind to pray for my friend and his family (all of us in his "village").

No comments:

Post a Comment