Today was a fun day.
When I came down the stairs this morning the boys were super excited to finish breakfast so that they could play with Play-Doh. So I told them I needed to eat my breakfast before they could take over my table. So they nicely went upstairs and played for a little while.
After I finished eating Brian and I called them downstairs and out came the Play-Doh. Lili was also excited because Daddy was going to play Hi-Ho-Cherry-O with her while her brothers played with Play-Doh.
So they played....at least until Lili decided she wanted to try to do Play-Doh too. But at least they finished the game first...and I'm happy to announce Lili won, fair and square!
The Play-Doh Burger Maker was the one Play-Doh toy that was wanted. So out it came.
Lili just got a newspaper placemat with 2 colors of Play-Doh. But still had fun trying to figure it out - this was her first time with Play-Doh.
Hank had to make a Burger with ALOT of lettuce, tomato, pickles and chips (courtesy of BJ).
This is BJ's Hippopotamus. He tried to put it on the table but it's leg kept falling off so I had to hold it to take the picture. I don't know it could be a Hippo!.
After playing with Play-Doh for a little while, Hank and Lili moved on to coloring while BJ played a little longer. While the second half of this was going on Brian went out and finished clearing the sidewalk of snow from where the snowplow pushed it on to our sidewalk from the street....love when that happens!
Then we got ready and went on our "adventure" (this is what the kids call it when we don't tell them where we are going). We went to our local Science Station. We are members and the kids love it there but we went today especially because Mr. Shucks, the mascot of the Cedar Rapids Kernels Baseball Team, was going to be there for a little while. And my boys, especially Hank, LOVE Mr. Shucks.
They had a great time....especially since they also have a new exhibit of Sportsology.
Lili wasn't sure of Mr. Shucks at first (she was 15 months old last time she saw him) but she quickly warmed up.
We had told the kids if they were good while we were out and they wanted to spend some of THEIR Christmas money they could pick out a "special" place for lunch. So the did....the boys wanted Taco Bell, Lili wanted McDonald's, and Brian and I choose Quizno's. So on the way home we made a couple stops then got home to eat lunch.
After lunch the boys had a rest time and Lili napped. Then it was time to go and FINALLY be able to play in all that snow we got this week. The sun was out, there wasn't any wind, all I can say was...it was GORGEOUS!!! So we had a great time.
Finally being able to climb on the drift .
Lili didn't want to put on her snow gloves so EVERYTIME snow got on her regular knit mittens I got to wipe it off because she could feel the cold.
Hank laying in the snow....well he slipped but it looked cute.
Because of the drift in the backyard I decided to try to dig a tunnel.
It was up to about the middle of my back. After this I decided to have the boys help. It may not look like she was happy but she was....she didn't want to get up but she wouldn't look at Brian taking the picture either.
Then they got tired of it and Brian did some work on it. Then I went and finished it up. We kept making it a little wider and wider. Eventually the boys were able to climb through it.
This was before I made it tall enough for them to climb through.
Going in....
Trying to come through the other side.
BJ's turn.
Lili decided that running around the van in the garage was just as much fun. She was fine on the walkway that we have dug out but in deep snow she wasn't quite comfortable walking in it....just like her brothers at that age....heaven help us next year!
While we were doing this Brian tried to make the boys a "fox hole" in the snow next to the fence. He built up the drift so that it could be high enough on the inside for the boys to sit in.
BJ testing it out to see how much more needed to be dug out in the ceiling.
Hank backed in so that it was easy to get out.
I don't have a picture of the finished product because the sun started going down, we'd be out an hour, and Hank and Lili's hands were getting cold. Hank's mittens kept getting snow in them because of how he would play. We hope to get it finished soon and let the boys climb in it.
So after our earlier "adventure" and then our snow play I think the kids had a pretty cool day.
I have to say I had a pretty cool day too. Now what will tomorrow bring? Rest? Getting ready for the week? I guess I'll just have to watch and see!
We used to play in the snow like that growing up. I miss it...well sort of...LOL!
ReplyDeleteSounds like your day was fun.