After a week of sickness in my house I felt like I haven't gotten anything accomplished.
![]() |
| The Bathroom has still not been completely cleaned. |
| ||||
| The house has not been vacuumed. |
![]() |
| I have kept the laundry up but that was for my own sanity. |
Of course this lack of motivation came on the heels of me emptying a 15 gallon storage container of stationary and other items that used to be in our desk (which we got rid of at least 3 years ago). And some of the items are still not in the place they belong...which means some were just sitting on my kitchen counter along with mail and miscellaneous stuff that has accumulated over the past 5 days.
One thing you need to know.
I DO NOT have a large kitchen so my counter space is precious to me.
I decided I needed to try my hardest and get something accomplished today, besides the laundry again, so the decision was to "TAKE BACK" the kitchen counters. I wish I would have thought to take a BEFORE picture before I was almost done but I did take AFTER pictures.
Now as you can see there are a couple stacks of paper on the counters. This picture has 2 stacks of what looks like paper. One is my daily planner and things I need daily access to and the other is paperwork for our taxes (which is on my plans for this weekend) so those I don't mind taking up space.
Then there is my stack of stationary that will soon have a home but right now it's under the microwave in a pretty useless space anyway. But as soon as it's home is ready I'll have the area clean ....it may not look like that much but here's a closer view....
It will be nice to have that space open although I don't find it very user friendly because it is not very tall of an opening. I will just be nice not to have the clutter.
So needless to say I am feeling quite accomplished today. I just hope this little bit of accomplishment will keep me motivated to finish catching up on things that I feel have fallen through the cracks this past week.


No comments:
Post a Comment