Friday, June 7, 2013

He's 3 months already!

So I really haven't posted much about my new baby.  I've been lazy, crazy, and preoccupied.  So now time to make up for it.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 4:02pm I gave birth to my fourth child, Symon William.  As with all of my children his birth was an induction.  Although 24 hours before that I wasn't thinking that it was going to be.  I had gone into the doctor's office for my last checkup before my scheduled induction.

All was going well with the visit.  My blood pressure was good.  The baby's heart rate was strong. Then came the internal check.  Guess what...my doctor had a look on her face and said "I'll be back.  I'm going to get the portable ultrasound machine.  That didn't feel like a head."  So my husband (who had come to the visit to make sure all was good for the induction) and I just looked at each other like "OKAY?"

So after a couple of minutes the doctor walked in with the ultrasound machine and proceeded to perform an ultrasound on me.  And guess what she was right.  My son (although I didn't know he was a he at that point) had decided to flip around and be head up.  That's right, 5 days earlier at my last check up he was head down but NOPE not now he was standing head up.  My doctor looked at us and said, "well I guess we'll be doing a C-Section tomorrow."  Come to find out she doesn't like trying to manually turn the baby, due to lack of success with that procedure, and also she didn't think I had enough fluid to even try the procedure.  So off my husband went back to work to let his boss and friends know what was happening and off I went to the hospital for pre-op paperwork and bloodwork...fun times!

At the hospital I was informed that I needed to be at the hospital for 6:30 instead of 7:30 and couldn't eat anything after midnight instead of the nice breakfast we had planned.  After all the bloodwork was done and pre-op work was done it was back home to explain to my 3 kids what was going to happen to mommie the next day.

So that night we had a normal night and finished getting ready for the hospital the next day. And off to sleep we went.

As expected we arrived at the hospital around 6:30 and were shown to our room.  We were going to have a pre C-Section ultrasound to make sure all was still good as well as all of the other pre-surgery/birth stuff like IVs, etc.  The doctor that was on duty before my doctor arrived was supposed to do the ultrasound but had been called into an unplanned C-Section so because of that when my doctor came in to see me before I was wheeled back into surgery we asked her if I was going to have an ultrasound.  GOOD THING WE DID!  She was unaware that I hadn't had one yet that morning and said of course.  Well a few minutes later plans had changed again.  My (sound to find out) son had decided to FLIP back around and was head down again.  I am SOOO thankful that she did that ultrasound.  I didn't have to have a C-Section and I was able to continue with my original plans of an induction.

*Real quick let me say the reason I have inductions is because while my body may have contractions they do not do anything to get me ready for delivery.  My contractions are not strong enough to help me thin or dilate.  It is not until after I have Pitocin and having my water broken.*

After the BEST labor (of my 4) that lasted approximately 7 hours I had my 3rd son, 4th child.
being weighed....weighed in at 7lbs 10.75 ozs

1st bath in the hospital


11 days old..Big sister holding me!

One month old with my mommie!

2 months old
3 months old (on Daddy's legs)
He is a wonderful baby.  And growing up quickly already.

No comments:

Post a Comment