Today is a bittersweet day. It comes around every year. It's the last day of school.
I'm ready for summer to start so that we don't have to get up and get out of the house by a certain time EVERY day. I also won't have to be making lunches at 8am for a few months. My kids are looking forward to being home and playing with their toys and not having to do homework. But I have to admit I don't know if I'm ready to be referee all day long for a few months.
My kids love school so at least I don't have a fight everyday during the year to get them to go but there will be fighting during the day now that school is out. Sibling fighting. This is the part of summer I look forward the LEAST too.
I will say this summer is going to be different though...I am determined to have enough things for us to be able to do that I hope to limit the amount of fighting. I don't want to use up all their summer on predetermined or scheduled activities but I don't want the summer to end without being able to say we had fun and did some fun things.
Since I've decided NOT to go back to work I won't be going to work every night as my time "away" from my children after spending all day with them. I won't have my "built in" break. But I think this is going to be a great thing. I won't have to stop our play or limit our day trips or stop whatever we are doing midafternoon so that I can get ready and get to work.
Last summer was a very busy summer. We had a lot of visitors and a lot of things to do. I'm hoping this summer isn't quite so busy. But we'll see.
I'll try to keep you updated on how life is going this summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment