Friday, April 20, 2012

WE'RE DEBT FREE!

On January 7, 2011 I blogged about 371 days and counting without using a Credit Card.  In that blog I talked about how my husband and I were following Dave Ramsey and his principles of living a life Debt Free and not using Credit Cards or any type of loans.  It's cash/debit card only!

Well as of March 14, 2012, my husband and I are official DEBT-FREE, except for our mortgage.  It took us 27 months but we were able to pay off both of our credit cards, our home equity loan (which we used to buy a mini-van), and the rest of my student loans.

In celebration of this wonderful milestone that we met we celebrated by going to Nashville, TN and visiting Dave Ramsey  at his office building (aka Financial Peace Plaza) and being on his talk radio show to scream "We're DEBT-FREE" with our 3 children.

Dave Ramsey then came out of his studio and shook our hands, told us Congratulations, and took a picture with us.

The Debt-Free wall where people come to sign after they celebrate their FREEDOM!

Making our Debt-Free SCREAM!!!
The Family and Dave Ramsey

Signing the Debt-Free wall
It was a great experience that we had with our family.  As Dave Ramsey would say...we've changed our family tree.  We are teaching on children that they don't have to live with Debt.  We've learn patience to wait on things we want to buy until we can save the money up and pay for it with cash.  It's the way our Grandparents and Great-Grandparents lived and then credit became the "Normal" way to life.  Well I am proud to say we are no longer "Normal" and plan on never being that kind of normal again!

I can now say 831 days and counting....Thank you DAVE RAMSEY!


No comments:

Post a Comment