I'm back with my food waste. I'm happy to say I have only one item of food waste for the past month. This makes me very happy! So our food waste was.....
about 1/4 head of lettuce. I think once again I forgot I had this in the crisper drawer...I honestly don't remember why this went bad all I know is it went bad. So here I am "confessing" that I threw out, well actually composted, a little iceberg lettuce.
I have to say I'm proud of us that this is the only food waste we've had this month.
I've also started trying to do my grocery shopping every OTHER week a month ago. So far it has gone okay. I still have to go and get perishables and a few others things weekly because my refrigerator is only so big but my budget has been pretty close with just a few "overages" of things that were forgotten. I'm sure that will lessen as I get more used to shopping like this and I'm looking forward to not spending as long at the store because believe it or not my shopping for 2 weeks doesn't seem to take any longer than for 1 week since I have to have a pretty clear and comprehensive grocery list. I always had a grocery list but it wasn't always made from a menu I would pick some dinners as I was at the grocery store so I would either overbuy or forget certain ingredients.
I'm hoping with the shopping every other week, and the comprehensive grocery list, will help with the food waste. It's not a real big problem but I'm hoping this will help it continue to not be a problem. I guess I'll see...and I'll let you know.
No comments:
Post a Comment